Tuesday, March 27, 2012

120327

BB Gymnastics
1) Power Snatch + Snatch (full squat): 2X1 @ 70%, 2X1 @ 75%, 1X1 @ 80% – rest 75 sec.
Notes: These are single reps and DO NOT have to be touch and go. One rep would be 1 Power Snatch AND 1 Snatch.
105, 115, 125
2) Power Clean + Push Jerk: 3X1 @ 75%, 2X1 @ 80% – rest 75 sec.
155, 165
Conditioning (2 parts)
Part 1-
4 rounds for reps and row times of:
ME UB HSPU
Row 500m
Rest 1:1
Notes: HSPU standard is hands on 45# plates with an Ab-Mat in the middle, kipping is allowed. Rest interval is based on total working set time. The time starts before the HSPU and the rest interval is total working time of HSPU and Row. Do not pace the row. Each round should be all out.
HSPU - 45, 42, 40, 37 = 164 :) every round but the last 20+ were strict then went to kipping. 
Rows: 1:56.3, 2:05.5, 2:08.8, 2:08.6 Had nothing after the first set. Hips were fried from kipping on the HSPU. Overall please with this workout though, especially the HSPU. LOVE THEM. 
Part 2-
Exactly 10 minutes after part 1 complete one set each of the following:
1) ME UB Perfectly Vertical KBS 24/16kg   60 Could have done more if not for grip. 
2) ME UB Thrusters 115/75#  31 
3) ME HS Walk for distance (3 attempts)  2 attempts at 100+ ft. Could have gone more if not for the turnarounds. 
*Rest as needed between efforts.

Today was a good day. I had clinicals this morning and started my OB rotation which I am super pumped about.  We (our groups) had our METI scenario for OB and then went straight to the hospital to get oriented. METI is the UNIVERSITY of ALABAMA's simulators that are basically supposed to prepare us for real patients.  They are million dollar dolls that they can make do anything like go into cardiac arrest or actually have a baby.  CRAZY I know. So I really don't like doing METI.  I never feel like it helps learn much about dealing with real patients but it is something we have to go through to get done with school.  Today was OB scenario and I prepared myself last night by reading over stuff that I think could happen in the book.  Didn't and never ever really feel prepared but got there this morning and was ready to go.  The teacher gave us the scenario and I start talking to the (fake) patient and doing my assessment.  I was the rock star today, well I usually am but today was different.  I actually caught a medication that was ordered that would be contraindicated for the patient and got the doctor to switch the medication.  Which means I saved my group from either making an error or spending more useless time on the scenario than we had to.  BOOOOOOM! GO me and the teacher was super impressed as well.  My whole group dropped their jaws on the floor when I pulled that information out of my brain. :) It was an awesome moment and I'm sure it makes no sense to any of you reading this but it was a big deal. Training was great today.  Feeling good!    .   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment