Tuesday, April 3, 2012

120402

Worst day that I have had in a long time. Not because of training but because of school.  I won't go into details right now but possibly later. Just know that I was so glad this was a barbell work and skills kind of day because I probably would have bombed a metcon.  My brain was at school instead of training and I was seriously scared for my life and career.  



AM Session: 
20 minute AMRAP
10 walking lunge
10 T2B
10 Ring Pushup
1 rope climb
10 24in. box jump (all step-down)
10 GHD
20 DU
6 rounds


PM Session:


BB Gymnastics
1) 5X1 Snatch @ 80-90% – rest 90 sec.
Notes: Begin at 80% and increase to 90% throughout sets if technique is perfect. DO NOT go past 90% and do not add to 80% if technique is not perfect.
120, 125, 125, 130, 135
2a) 4X2 Snatch Pulls – heavier than last week, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO
155, 165, 165, 165- should have gone higher
2b) 4X2 Tempo High-Bar Back Squat @ 80% – rest 60 sec.
Notes: Quick descent, 5 counts (seconds) in the rock bottom, bounce and quick back up.
190 for all sets.
Strength
1a) 7X3 Weighted STRICT Pullups @ 70%
35lbs.  This is way below 70% and never struggled on a set.
1b) 7X3 Bench Press @ 70%
Notes: Rest intervals should be no more than the length of time it takes to transition movements. You may time this total effort, but DO NOT go so fast that there is a possibility of missing reps, or having to break sets. There should be no more than 45 sec. rest between sets.
115.  Higher than 70% but went with it and completed all sets. 
Skill
10 minutes practice on Muscle-Ups to Ring HSPU.
Notes: If you are proficient at these, practice stringing them together. If you are not, try to get some clean singles. Do not do more than 15 total reps.
Completed at least 10 reps if not more.  FUN.
Midline
4 minute AMRAP of:
L-Sit Hold (on paralettes)
For total seconds.  I think I held for about 2:05 total.  UGLY towards the end.  

When I got in bed, I was so thankful that this nightmare of a day was coming to a close.  There were not enough hugs and words to make me feel better. Somehow I made it through. :) PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment