Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thursday-Sunday, 6/7-6/10

Thursday, 120607
Brad's surgery went well.  This day also started at 4:30am.  We were at the hospital until about 4:00pm and then we headed home.  It is amazing that after having spinal surgery, you can get up and walk like 2 hours later. Crazy!! Brad is doing better than I ever thought.  He is getting around great and recovering oh so well. 


8:00pm - 30 min/3 mile run with my beautiful 100lb lab puppy.  This is always a challenge that I don't kill him while running because he usually acts a fool the whole time. ha.


Friday, 120608

BB Gymnastics
Take as long as you’d like to establish a 1RM Snatch, then 1RM Clean & Jerk.
Notes: We’ll be having a 2-3 hour lifting session beginning Friday around 5pm. We’ll work on technique on the lifts, and will work up to some heavy singles. You may take as long as you’d like and take as many attempts as you’d like, but when it’s just not going up – stop. Please make sure to Snatch first, then Clean & Jerk. 
Got to the gym that morning and was not feeling like going for a PR so I told myself I would probably just do some heavy snatch and clean and jerk off the blocks.  Well I started warming up and sure enough 160# went up with no problem and boom! I hit 165# then barely missed 170# twice. 
I was so pumped!  170 is mine soon. And to think, I weigh 120.  haha.
Clean and jerk: 195 easy and missed 200 four time. ugh. So close. SOON!
Conditioning
“BP Made up a WOD That None of You Can Do”
For time:
7 Bear Complex @ 185/120#
50′ HS Walk
5 Bear Complex @ 205/135#
50′ HS Walk
3 Bear Complex @ 225/150#
50′ HS Walk
Notes: 1 “Bear Complex” is: 1 Clean, 1 Front Squat, 1 Push Press or Jerk, 1 Back Squat, 1 (Behind the Neck) Push Press or Jerk. There are many variations of the Bear Complex, but we will use the one listed above. You may combine the Clean and FS into a “Squat Clean”, or you may PC then FS. A full standing position must be achieved before the PP or PJ begins (Thrusters are not allowed). Once the bar is overhead, it must be lowered to the back then the BS should be performed. After the BS a full standing position must be achieved before the Behind the Neck PP or PJ begins (again, no Thrusters). When the BB returns to the front rack 1 Bear Complex is complete.
The barbell must then touch the floor WITH NO STOPPAGE OF MOMENTUM for the next rep to begin. This means both hands must be in control of the bar as it touches the floor. Basically the goal is complete the prescribed reps for each round without allowing the bar to stop momentum on the floor, or dropping it. There is a 20 Burpee penalty to be performed immediately, every time the barbell is dropped or rests on the floor. Resting with the BB off the ground IS ALLOWED, and the hands DO NOT need to remain in contact with the BB as long as it is off the ground.
So this sucked big time!  I completed it but not with burpee penalty in 11:20.  I made up 140 burpees later in the day.  I did 140 burpees in 9:10.  I went 6/1(bar slipped out of my hand othewise it would have been UB), 2/1/1, 1/1/1.  Bar got real heavy and quick.  HS walks were no problem at all but I understand he wanted to fatigue the shoulders more so it made everything else harder. Shouldn't have been such a baby on this.


Saturday, 120609
We were hosting CrossFit for Hope at my gym.  I wanted to participate just to have fun.  Brad was able to come to the gym with me and see everyone and I was happy about that. 


CrossFit for HOPE
"Hope"
Three rounds of:
Burpees
75 pound Power snatch
Box jump, 24" box
75 pound Thruster
Chest to bar Pull-ups
"Hope" has the same format as Fight Gone Bad. In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep.
Add your points and post them to comments.


259 reps.  I went at about 75% due to my back being completely trashed and hurting ever since Monday.  Me not resting it all week has not helped at all either.  This got me first place easily but I withdrew my name to let the others win and feel special.  




Then - 



“The Terminator”
5 min AMRAP of Muscle-Ups to Ring HSPU.
*For total reps. 7 total reps.  Only failed on 1.  These got hard fast. Need to get more efficient at them.
-rest 2 minutes
5 min AMRAP of Double-Unders including a 500/450m Row buy-in.
*Score is total number of DU subtracted by the total number of seconds rowing. (Example: 130 DU – 110 seconds = Score of 20.
2:00 min row.  195 DUs = total score of 75 blah.
-rest 2 minutes
10 min AMRAP of:
3 Rope Climbs 15′
6 Bench Press @ 205/120#
9 GHD Situps
3 rounds + 3 rope climbs.  Bench got so hard and slowed me down significantly. Rope climbs were tough too. 

Sunday, 120610
Trail hike out to Lake Nicol in North Tuscalosa. 
Swim across the lake and back- not for time.
Then 5 rounds for time of:
3 people rotating through-
30 strokes out and back
Rock Muscle Ups
Air Squats
Times dependent on the swim.  It was awesome. I got 4,6,7,8,9 on MU and averaged about 40 air squats. 
Then 3 x max effort L-sit. 43sec, 44sec, 37 sec. OUCH.
The guys did some cliff jumping but I was not feeling it so I'm saving it for next time. 

Great time out there! Can't wait to go again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment