Tuesday, July 24, 2012

120724

4:00 am
I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed at 0345 today.  I was just not in the mood for lifting heavy or dealing with the completely shi**y jerk boxes that we have that don't stay together and that move around and I have to reposition after every rep.  It makes me furious that my box owner didn't care to make them the right way nor will ever take the time to fix them but that is another tangent I could go off on.  Yeah I know, kill me now.  People kept trying to make me laugh or cheer me up but I was just not in the mood and the box work takes me forever it seems because of above statements so I got behind and had to skip the front squat work. ugh. This morning was just one of those days where I wanted to cry.  Luckily the 0530 class trainer was there to fix the boxes when all I wanted to do was just kick them. This whole summer has been so hard getting up before 4am to go workout everyday.  It truly makes me appreciate the days I have off and praise JESUS tomorrow is my last day.  I have had a love/hate relationship with this internship.  I have loved the unit I have been on and I have been truly blessed by the people that work on it.  I could definitely see myself on the unit when I graduate in December. But I have hated getting up so early to get my training done and the 12 hour shifts yuk.  Although surprising once I am up and going in the morning, my training usually goes very well. I have hated not being able to spend more time with the people that I love but I guess that is life but I do need to not take for granted the time I do get to spend with them (Time is LOVE).  I am so excited that tomorrow is my last day and I leave to go on a cruise to the Bahamas on Thursday.  YAY! I can finally have a bit of a summer before school starts back with a vengeance late August. 
Warm-up
10 min Airdyne
BB Gymnastics
1) 5X2 Snatch off High Boxes (at hip) – heavy but clean, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO
125, 130, 130, 135, 135, 140(1), 140(1)
2) 5X2 Cleans + 1 Split Jerk off High Boxes (at hip) – heavy but clean, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO
145, 155, 160, 165, 170

Strength
*The Back Squats are based off of YOUR THREE REP MAX – follow the link, that’s why I put it there. 
Back Squat: EMOM for 7 minutes – 2 reps @ 90%
Notes: Percentage is based off of 120515
205. Might should have gone 210 or 215? Hard to make that call and I was pressed for time. 

Conditioning
For time:
Row 500m (ALL OUT – do not pace knowing more work is coming)
-rest 1 minute-
30 KB Snatches 32/24kg
-rest 1 minute-
Row 1000m
-rest 1 minute-
50 KB Snatches 32/24kg
Notes: KB Snatches are total reps of both arms and may apportioned in any manner.
So I didn't have time to play around with the KB snatches for this workout before doing it so I decided from the beginning to start doing singles and just alternate arms each time.  Well, that was stupid.  By the end I was stringing 5+ together on each arm but I didn't start to do that until rep 32 of 50 on the last set.  Had never done KB snatches with more than 35lbs. They sucked.  Want to redo this because I think I could probably cut my time in half and it takes a heck of a lot less exertion to string them together than to get momentum going again off the ground after every rep.  Oh well, you live and you learn. 
1:52.8 500m row
Like a 4:48 1,000m row. - I know probably slowest in history. Just could not get my legs to work again. 
23:37 total time. Sub 15 for sure if I would have used my brain a little. 

Had to skip Front Squats so I will do those tomorrow morning.

Work 7a-7p at the hospital.  

I read this today off Jonathan Adam's blog of training and I love it.  It is so true!!

This sport never allows you to rest, you are at it’s mercy, because it constantly asks more and more from you.  At the moment you think your ready, there’s either someone else more prepared than you or someone who is willing to outwork you.  This sport only gives you glimpses of satisfaction, but those glimpses are what makes us continue to work harder!!

I don't know him personally but he has some great stuff to say about the games where his team competed and placed 14th.  (CrossFit Hard Core) http://jonadamsblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment