Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/11-7/12

Tuesday, 120711
AM
II have been warming up with a run, row, airdyne, or bike every day for about 2+ weeks and have loved it and it helps me get sweating and warmed up a whole lot better so I will start to put that in as well.
Warm up:
1 mile run
10 min Bike

BB Gymnastics
7X3 3-Stop Snatch Pull + 1 Hi-Hang Snatch – heavy but perfect, rest 40-60 sec.DEMO 3-STOP SNATCH & DEMO HI-HANG SNATCH
Notes: This combination of these two movements is meant to be performed in succession. In other words, at the finish of the 3-Stop Snatch Pull the athlete should be set in a stalled Hi-Hang position. Without any re-bending or other momentum, the athlete should immediately perform a Hi-Hang Snatch. It is noteworthy that this version of the Hi-Hang Snatch should should be performed with hip and knee extension.
I suck at this. The 3 stop part is always easy then when I get to the high hang something goes wrong.  Could not hit 135 today = stupid. Oh well.  Hit 130 for 2 sets and then worked my way back down with sets at 125 and 115. Got to get better at this high hang.  I hit 140 for 2 like 2 weeks ago so I don't know what is going wrong with the 3stop and then the hang snatch?  I guess I need to video.

PM
Warm up
10 min Airdyne
Strength/Skill
1a) 4 X ME Strict Deficit HSPU + ME Kipping Deficit HSPU – rest 45 sec.
Notes: Deficit for HSPU should be largest possible deficit that still allows for the ability to perform 4 strict reps.
Did these on paralettes.  I thing the first set was at about a 6-7in deficit. Got 4/4.  Second set moved to about a 4in deficit.  Got 5/5.  Moved to about a 3in deficit. Got 5/6.  Moved the paralletes in to 10 inches wide on the last set.  Felt so weird.  Got 3/5.

1b) 4 X 5 Weighted Strict Pullups (any grip) – heaviest possible, rest 45 sec.

35, 40, 45, 50- almost failed on the 5th one.

1c) 4 X 10 Reverse Hypers – heavy, rest 45 sec

Subbed good mornings at 115.  Ouch.  My back is still sore from Monday's deads.
Also performed reverse hypers with no weight off the back of a GHD since I have no reverse hyper.

Wednesday, 120712
5am
Active Rest Day
20 GHD
3 min Row
3 min Airdyne
3 min Run
I did 3 rounds +20 GHD in about 40 minutes.  Moved pretty slow but just wanted to keep moving.


Work at the hospital 7a-7p.


Would have loved to complete that Triathlon at the games. It would have been so hard but such an honor to be there and to do it.  I wish I was there so bad. I also would have loved to hit that O course.  It looked like so much fun and right up my alley. :) Proud of all the athletes there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment