Sunday, July 1, 2012

Vegas!

My husband surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas for our 2nd anniversary.  I knew he was planning a trip for us and it was a surprise for over a month but he didn't tell me until a few days before.  I had a hunch it was Vegas because he lived there for about 5 months when he was a police officer there and has always wanted to take me.  I was so surprised and excited. 

Our flight left out Monday morning at 6:40am out of Birmingham. I woke up at 3:00am. Yes, you read that right because I am insane and did about a 32 min run.  Every 2 minutes on the minute I would do 20 hand release pushups alternating with 20 air squats.  I knew I wouldn't have another chance to work out that day so I just went ahead and got up and did something.
 When we arrived, waiting for a cab.
Our hotel behind the Monte Carlo.
   We arrived in Vegas about noon their time and started to walk around for a bit while our room got ready.  I decided I needed to do a handstand walk.  :)
We walked for miles that day seeing everything we could.  I can't explain Vegas, you just have to see it. 

Tuesday was our anniversary and Brad had to go run some errands and pick up tickets so I ventured to the hotel globo gym and tried to make use of their senseless machines. 
Strength
*The Back Squats are based off of YOUR THREE REP MAX – follow the link, that’s why I put it there.
1) Back Squat: 1X5 @ 80%, 1X3 @ 90%, 1X2 @ 95%, 1X2 @ 100% – rest 2:00-3:00 between sets.
Notes: Percentage is based off of 120515 
180, 200, 215, 225 felt good and easy.
2a) 4X5 Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
40, 40, 45(4), 45
2b) 4X2 Pause Front Squats – heavier than last week, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO (lulz)
Notes: Hold absolute bottom of each FS for 3 seconds, then bounce off the calves and stand.
135, 155, 165, 175 
Conditioning
EMOM for 10 minutes:
3 Bar Muscle-Ups
During each rest interval perform AMRAP of Double-Unders.
*Score is total reps of DU.
326 DU.  Hit 30 each round except for the last when I hit 56.

Doing bar MU and turning heads. haha
That night we went to the best restaurant I have ever eaten at and KA by Cirque du Soleil.  
\

Andre's at the Wynn, Las Vegas

Wednesday I woke up and decided to go to Zach Forrest's gym, CrossFit Max Effort.  I had a lot of fun there and I just jumped in on their normal classes. 
10 rounds for time:
5 Ring Dips
10 One arm KB swing
15 walking lunge
9:25  
Did some snatch all the way up to 150.  Couldn't hit 155. IDK.  
That night, we went to Battista's hole in the wall italian restaurant, which was amazing.  Then went to see ABSINTHE.  The best show I have ever seen. Hillarious, provacative, erotic, outstanding, and I could go on and on.  
Thursday we came home. It was an amazing trip and so thankful for the chance to go!  Absolutely unforgetable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment