Tuesday, May 8, 2012

120508


BB Gymnastics
1) 5X3 Clean & Jerk @ 75% – rest 60-80 sec. 
Notes: These are not touch and go reps. Reset before each rep.
150. This felt heavy and was hard.  I was so tired today.  I think the extra running and rowing from yesterday and not taking much rest since regionals has caught up to me.
Strength
1) 1X20 Back Squat (Group 3 – 2X10 @ 50% – rest 60 sec.)
Notes: This should be a maximal UNBROKEN set. If you completed all 20 reps last week, add approximately 5% this week. If you were close to completing all 20 reps (15-19), use the same weight. If you weren’t close (10-14), take off 5%.
185. This is what I hit before regionals so I wanted to get back up to it.  It was awful again but not as bad as the first time. The first time, I almost cried by 20.  Next week I want to hit 200. :)
Conditioning
1a) 4X3 Weighted Strict Pullups + ME Kipping Pullups @ 20/10# – rest 60 sec.
Notes: This should be one unbroken set of 3 strict PU then, without dropping off the bar, a max effort set of Kipping pullups.
27, 22, 20, 17 and an extra set at the end of 24 to get me up to 100. All with 10lb vest.
1b) 4X400m Sprint – rest 60 sec.
Notes: These should be all out efforts. Pacing is not acceptable and degredation of pace is acceptable.
Felt horrible.  Tried not to throw up. I had no push and there was really no sprinting to it other than my mind telling me to go and my body saying nope! Very hard. 


No more two a days for a while. :) I'm going to give my body some rest. I am going to Pound 4 Pound this weekend in Montgomery. It should be very fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment