Friday, May 25, 2012

120525

ATLAS POWER WRAPS made me some custom wraps.  Love them! Everyone should order a pair.  www.atlaspowerwraps.com


Yesterday, I ran as easy 5K with my puppy.  I say puppy but he is 92lbs haha.  I was feeling good and just decided to do it. 




BB Gymnastics
1) 10 minutes to work up to a heavy but not maximal Power Clean & Power (Push) Jerk.
Notes: Work up to the limitations of your technique. I.e. your heaviest lift should not be slop, it should be technically clean. 
I got up to 175 and did not want to go higher.  Had no pull from the ground and everything was just sluggish. 
2) EMOM for 7 minutes perform 2 Power Clean & Power (Push) Jerks @ 90% of the above.
160. 
Strength
1a) 4X3 1&1/4 Front Squats – MUCH heavier than last week, rest 60 sec.
145, 170, 180, 180.  Did not go heavier than last week because my back is trashed and these HSPU below jar my neck and make me feel bad.  I guess when you do 131 kipping HSPU that is going to happen. 
1b) 4X9,7,5,3 Strict HSPU + ME Kipping HSPU – regionals standard, rest 60 sec.
Notes: If you cannot get through the strict HSPU, then go to 1 rep short of complete failure and switch.
9+36, 7+30, 5+30, 3+40.  In the middle I just cut it off at 30.  I think I need to graduate to something else.  Too easy compared to other people's numbers.  I would prefer to do just max rep strict.
Conditioning
Row 500m
3 rounds of:
20 Ring Dips
50 Double-Unders
Row 500m
For time. 


9:55.  This felt good.  Ring dips after that many HSPU were horrible.  Shoulders did not want to work.  Rows were all under 2:10 pace.  Trying to work on keeping better pace on Rows. 


I am driving to Muscle Shoals tonight to watch my brother graduate from high school!! I can't believe it is already here. So proud of him! He will be coming to ALABAMA next year so he will be in Tuscaloosa with me.  So excited about that. 

Wednesday night I went to a birthday party for a girl at our gym. We all had a great time.  I don't know why I'm just now putting this up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment