Tuesday, May 22, 2012

120522

Happy Birthday to my sister, Grace!!! I love you. 


Wow, I'm sore today: abs, back, hamstrings....  Stupid 126 GHD situps and gh raises and the list goes on.  Was not really feeling it today when I got to the gym. It got better throughout the day with a little rock tape and biofreeze. 



BB Gymnastics
5X2 Clean & Jerk @ 85% – rest 60-80 sec.
Notes: These ARE NOT touch & go reps. Reset before each rep.
170  Hard today.  Struggled big time.
Strength
Back Squat: 1X8 @ 65%, 1X8 @ 70%, 1X5 @ 80%, 1X5 @ 85% – rest 1:00-2:00 between sets.
Notes: Percentage is based off of last week’s 3RM 120515
160, 170, 195, 205 Felt good even for my back being sore and in shambles right now. :)
Conditioning
“The (big) Chief”
5 rounds for total reps of:
3 minute AMRAP of:
3 Power cleans @ 205/135#
6 Push-ups (hand release)
9 Air Squats
Rest 1 minute.
5, 5, 5, 5, 5+1 = 25 rounds + 1 rep = 451 reps.  This was at about 85%.
Very happy with this considering I did not want to do this or pull from the ground today.  Once I got going I was fine and the weight felt light.  Just to compare - I did this about 2 years ago with the actual prescribed weight of 95# and think I got about 25 rounds.  If you would have told me then that in less than two years, I would be doing the men's weight and get the same score I would have told you, you are out of your mind. So happy with the progress and the strength that I have gained.  It just shows you that hard work does pay off.  I can also thank Outlaw too because my strength numbers were only very slowly getting better until I started Outlaw in late December.  
Tried some weighted MUs after, did 3 and then it just wasn't happening because my core is shattered right now from GHDs haha. Maybe tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment