Thursday, August 2, 2012

8/1-8/2

WOW!! I am sooooooooo incredibly sore.  Not lifting for 5 days on a cruise ship does some serious atrophy to my muscles or this is a very hard outlaw week....wait, every freaking day is hard haha! Love it. I am going to admit that I have hit it really hard over the last 2 days and that has played a huge role. My lifts are down this week = blah but not every day is going to be great.  I was already sore from Tuesday's training (Monday Outlaw) but yesterday did me in for sure with all the squats.  I did not think so at the time but it did. 


Wednesday, 120801
AM

BB Gymnastics
My hands are looking and feeling awful these days.  They hurt so bad that it is messing up my lifts. I was in the middle of (1) below and started to tear up because it was seriously limiting me on how much I could lift. 
1) 7X1 Snatch off High Boxes (at hip) – heavier than last week, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO
Up to 130 but stayed at 125. This is so frustrating. Last week, I was able to hit 140 and 135 for 2 consistently.  IDK.
2) 7X1 Clean & Jerk off High Boxes (at hip) – heavier than last week, rest 60 sec. DEMO VIDEO
Up to 155 but felt like total crap so I went back down to 145. Again, able to hit 170 last week and 165 for double consistently. 
Strength
*The Back Squats are based off of YOUR THREE REP MAX – follow the link, that’s why I put it there.
1) Back Squat (please read the directions carefully):
Set 1: 1 Back Squat every 30 seconds for  for 2:00 @ 90% (5 total reps) – DO NOT re-rack the barbell until all 5 reps are completed.
*Rest 3:00 exactly.
Set 2: 1 Back Squat every 30 seconds for  for 1:30 @ 90% (4 total reps) – DO NOT re-rack the barbell until all 4 reps are completed.
*Rest 2:00 exactly.
Set 3: 1 Back Squat every 30 seconds for  for 1:00 @ 90% (3 total reps) – DO NOT re-rack the barbell until all 3 reps are completed.
Notes: Percentage is based off of 120515. To further explain the sequence, once the barbell is taken out of the rack for each set, it should not be returned to the rack until the entire set is complete. Yes, this means that the time in between reps will be spent holding the barbell.
215. Happy with this. Might could have gone a little heavier? 
PM
2) 5X3 Front Squats – heavier than last week (no pause), rest 90 seconds.
205. That third rep got scary.  Legs are officially jello.
Conditioning
10 minute AMRAP
7 Push Press (135/95)
14 Box Jumps (24/20)
10 rounds. PP easy. BJ got hard because my legs are so sore. 

Thursday, 120802
SOOOOOO sore.  Took me a good hour to warm up and by warm up I mean walk around and talk and try to stretch out but it hurt too bad. 
BB Gymnastics
1) 5X2 Power Snatch – heavy but not maximal, rest 60 sec (exactly).
125, 130, 130, 130, 135, 135 (struggle). Again, very frustrating considering 135 felt a good 10lbs heavier than normal and because I hit 140 last week. 
2) 5X2 Power Clean + Push Jerk – heavy but not maximal, rest 60 sec (exactly).
145, 155, 165, 175, 180 (fail on the second power jerk).  Was able to hit 185 and do about 10 reps at 180 last week. SIGH.
Strength
1a) 3X8 Good Mornings – heavy, rest 45 sec. 125
1b) 3X8 Reverse Hypers – heavy, rest 45 sec. On GHD with red and purple band.
1c) 3X8 DB Seated Strict Press – heaviest possible, rest 45 sec. 40(6), 35, 35. Shoulders felt horrible today. I guess it was all the PP yesterday. 
Called it a day.  Need some rest before tomorrow's work.  
The olympics are absolutely amazing and I'm going to share some of my favorite moments so far.
1. McKayla Maroney's Vault from the Women's Gymnastics Team Finals = Are you kidding me??
2. Women's Gymnastics team winning GOLD!  FAB5!!

3. Gabby Douglas winning All Around Gold in women's Gymnastics.
And...  get this: she was an alternate at World Championships this year (just a couple months ago). She almost beat everyone including Jordan Weiber, who won. She only lost by a small margin but since she was an alternate they did not 
even list her scores! I knew then and there that this girl was amazing and she could take it all. Everyone was betting on Jordan and she came out and and secured the top spot at olympic trials and then has taken it all! love her. CONFIDENCE!!

4. Danell Leyva is a monster



Go watch all these videos of these amazing athletes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment