Sunday, September 2, 2012

A little TESTING


So this weekend, there was an athlete camp at CrossFit Innovate, another gym in town.  I didn't have much going on and knew it would only be 8-3 each day so I said, why not?  I know myself pretty well as an athlete but I always think testing and learning more about yourself is important.  I really wanted to learn about different energy pathways and how my body responds and where I need work. 
Test 1: CP/CP Battery (Creatine Phosphate
8 min to find your 1 RM Power Clean
2 min rest
8 min max reps at 90%.
205 Power Clean. 15 lb PR I think.  Only had time to try 210 once, otherwise I think I could have gotten it. :) 21 reps at 185.  The goal was 18-25, I found out after so I'm pretty balanced, which is good.  
Test 2: Skills Test
8 min AMRAP
5 HSPU
10 Pistols
25 DU
9 rounds which was disappointing.  I kept hitting my feet on DUs.  My new rope is pissing me off.  10 rounds was easily possible.  This became an aerobic test because I am efficient at these movements.
Test 3: AnL (Anaerobic Lactate)
300 m Row
25 Thrusters(95/65)
25 Burpees
3:29. Goal for women was 3:30.  I slowed way down on the last 50-75m on the row to save my legs and shouldn't have. Everything was fast and UB but should have "gone there" to that bad place on the row to maximize the lactate threshold and my potential. 
SUNDAY 09/02
Test 4: CP/Muscle Fiber
Front Squat 1RM in 10 min
Rest 10 min
Front Squat 85% @30X1 - 1 set AMRAP
235. 10lb PR.  Tried 140 twice and just couldn't get it.  5 reps at 200lbs.  Goal was 2-5. 
Test 5: Prowler Sprint
75m all out (male BW, female 1/2 BW)
25.1 Which was one of the lower times and was ideal for this test. Still could always use work on the prowler.
Test 6: Bodyweight Lactate/ Lactate Power
2 min AMRAP
5 pullups
5 burpee.
5+9. This could improve with burpees.  At halfway, I was at 3.  I apparently didn't "go there" to that bad place on this either.  There would be more drop off if there was a true lactate testing.  Should have gone faster on the burpees.
Test 7: Aerobic Power
12 min AMRAP
5 KBS (70/53)
7 WB (20 to 10'/15 to 9')
9 Box Jump (24/20) 
11 + 16. Should have gotten 12 rounds and pushed it.  This sucked being at the end of the day. 
This weekend was super fun and relaxed and I learned that I am pretty balanced at an athlete but there is always always always room for improvement and lots of it.  I need to take myself to that bad place way more often for sure.  I had 2 huge PRs that I am so pumped about.  Great weekend of testing/training/learning. Thanks to Josh Giambalvo for putting this on and for helping me learn about myself as an athlete. 
A link to a little bit of the Skills Test.
A link to a portion of the CP Battery Test.
More pictures to come later I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment