Sunday, September 9, 2012

Test Week


Monday 9/3 Rest Day
Tueday 9/4
BB Gymnastics
EMOM for 5 minutes:
2 Hang Squat Cleans @ 70%
Notes: This is meant to provide a warm up for both the legs and the CNS. DO NOT go above the prescribed weight. Each set should be easy and fast. 
140
Strength
20 minutes to establish a 1RM Back Squat.
Notes: The Cleans should provide a good warmup, but you will still need some Squat sets of 2-3 reps. Once you reach the 75-80% range, take 2 minutes rest then perform a “Walkout” (simply setup like you’re going to squat, walk out of the rack, and hold the weight on your back for 5 seconds – DO NOT attempt to squat – belts are recommended for this movement) with 5-10% more than your projected maximal Squat. If you are projecting 400#, walk out with approximately 425#. After your “Walkout”, rest 2 minutes then begin your near maximal and maximal attempts. If you have not missed an attempt you may go slightly over the time limitation.
Only got up to 250. Was not feeling fresh at all still from this past weekend.
Conditioning
“Diane”
21-15-9 of:
Deadlifts 225/155#
HSPU
For time.
Notes: HSPU should be performed using the 2012 Regional’s standard. If you feel you have done this WOD enough and will not go any faster, scale up to a 4″ deficit.

2:34 with 1inch deficit on HSPU.  The HSPUs didn't slow me down at all. It was the deads. 
Wednesday 9/5
BB Gymnastics
20 minutes to establish a 1RM Jerk.
Notes: Any style, racks may be used.

220. 15lb PR! Missed 225 three times. So close.  
Conditioning
1) 1 minute ME Burpees
*Rest as needed.
29.5 Was on my stomach when time ran out. 
2) 1 attempt ME UB Muscle-Ups
*Rest as needed.
7 on plastic rings. I have gotten 10 on wooden before.  My gym owner just ordered 4 sets of wooden so I will retest when we get those. 
3) Run 1 mile
7:58 this is super slow for me and I thought I was moving fast. I am slow in general but thought it would be better than this. Good thing: usually my legs are on fire and they weren't today. :) My back was however getting tighter with each step. 
Thursday 9/6
Strength
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Bench Press.
205. I thought I would be around 185/190. Never expected 205. Crazy and we don't even bench all that much.  Video: The Outlaw Way

15 minutes to establish a 1RM Weighted Strict Pullup.
Notes: The pullup should begin with a 3 second pause with the arms fully extended, hanging beneath the bar. 
80#

Conditioning
21-18-15-12 
Pullups
GHD
5:07

PM Conditioning
8 Split Snatches (115/75)
7 MU
400m Run
9:17 400m runs were the hardest part because you had to push hard. I think in conditioning shape or at competition I could do sub 9 for sure. Fun workout though. 

Friday 9/7
Strength
As long as you want to establish a 1RM Deadlift. 
Stopped at 315. 1 RM dead scares me. I have never pulled more than 285 because of this. I think I am more close to 330+. Who knows? I probably will not test this unless at a competition. 

Conditioning
100 Air Squats
50 Claping Pushups
40 Pullups
30 Pistols
20 HSPU
10 MU
Chest destroyer. 11:00 Everything was slow for me. Felt like I was moving at a snail's pace and I was. :(



Saturday 9/8
BB Gymnastics
1) 20 minutes to establish a 1RM Snatch.
Got up to 160 yay! Haven't hit this since June. Glad for progress. 160 was butter but 165 wasn't happening. Happy to hit 160. 
2) 20 minutes to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk.
185 felt amazing. Went for 200 and missed twice so I called it there. Really wanted 210+ today but just not happening. My left back was also tight too so I just moved on. 
Conditioning
4 rounds for time:
100' HS walk
25 T2B
10 KB Snatches (70/53, 10 each arm)
19:59.  KB snatches slowed me way down. Need to get better at these during workouts. HS walk was best/easiest part.
Great week overall! Tons of PRs:
1 RM Power Clean 205.
1 RM Front Squat 235
1 RM Jerk 220.
1 RM Bench Press 205.
1 RM Weighted Strict Pullup 80.
1 RM Deadlift 315 although I know it's more. 
Finally got 160 again on Snatch although 165 is my current PR. Hopefully 170 is on the horizon!
I have felt really horrible lately: just super tired and slow and not really in shape at all.  I guess that's ok because of the above. I'm sorry if I have been whinny or complaining a lot. I know it's annoying, I'm sorry. I'm going to stop. I do like to look back on my mood and how I felt during the day because that makes a huge difference.  I know it's not time to be in shape and I'm starting to understand that and I'm excited for the future and the whole process. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

 Gameday vs. Western Kentucky! So much fun!  ROLL TIDE!


No comments:

Post a Comment