Friday, January 6, 2012

120101

Rest. HAPPY NEW YEAR.  2012 = awesome.
Since I was back in my hometown, I celebrated with some peeps from CrossFit Shoals. I had way too much fun and layed in bed all day on New Year's. 


I just want to mention a few things about 2011 because it was a very CRAPPY year.
It started good with my niece, Claire being born and Brad and me buying our first house. I started second semester of nursing school at The University of Alabama.  Then, my brother fell asleep at the wheel while he was driving my dad and him to go hunting.  The jeep was totaled and my dad broke multiple ribs but thank GOD they are alive. The CrossFit Games Open was fun and great but exhausting.  Then the TORNADO hit Tuscaloosa and about killed me, my husband, my dog, and my sister.  That was devastating and still is to this day.  If you ever come to this town you will know what I am talking about. Finals and all classes were canceled. Good thing but my younger sister, Grace, was supposed to graduate- canceled as well. Regionals went well but not good enough for my standards.  I let it slip through my fingers. I started a job in the ER in the summer and loved it at first but the hours are too long for me being a full time student as well.  Then, a Tuscaloosa Police Officer got killed on a motorcycle while doing a funeral processional and this was devastating especially for my husband.  Then, school started back and kill me now.  3rd semester at Alabama was awful and I can't believe I'm saying that since I already have a degree in Biochemistry from Alabama as well but I can guarantee, it was the worst few months of my life.  I worked as well and trying to balance training was awful.  Then, a former TPD officer got shot in the face in Huntsville and almost died.  He is one of Brad's best friends and I am so thankful he is alive.  That is about the worst fear of mine- getting a knock on the door in the middle of the night to tell you that your husband has been shot on duty.  SO many things bad happened this year and I am so ready for a new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment