Saturday, January 7, 2012

120107

BB Gymnastics
1) 3 attempts to establish a 1RM Snatch – rest as needed.
2) 3 attempts to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk – rest as needed.
Notes: Take as long as you’d like to warm up for these lifts, but limit yourself to ONLY 3 legit attempts. You may use any style of each lift, but try to stick to a near USAW standard.
Conditioning
“Event 5 – 2009 CF Games”
Three rounds for time of:
30 Wallball shots 20/14#
30 Low Hang Squat Snatch @ 75/45#
Notes: The Low Hang Squat Snatch initiates with barbell just below the knees. If the barbell is dropped it must be lifted to a full standing position before beginning the next rep.


Was feeling so run down this morning and legs were so sore that I warmed up then went home because I knew I didn’t have it in me. I almost took a rest day but with Brad and me going to New Orleans early Monday, I knew I needed to go and get it done and stop being a baby. So I got some more sleep and went back this afternoon.
BB Gymnastics
1)Snatch- got 140 and was standing up but lost it forward on the way up. That ties my PR. I know I’ve got more.
2)C&J- 170 easy, 175 was a no go. off from my PR.
**Feeling better than I have in a few months today. At the South GA Throwdown in late October, I almost broke my thumbs/hand doing a clean and jerk at 185 and have not gone extremely heavy since then because of that incident. That accident really scared me and could not snatch or lift heavy for a few months. Today was the first day I felt back on my mojo for C&J but still off from a PR. I’m feeling better than ever though and next week will be it, I know it!
Conditioning
20lb ball to 9ft target
13:55 super slow. Rested too much. Hang squat snatches were deceivingly harder than I thought they would be. Legs are JELLO. Probably should not have used the 20lb ball. 
BONUS for doing so bad on conditioning – OPT “Flight Simulator”. FML but at least DUs felt awesome.
MFS - 5, 5, 7 Legs were so sore already.  Mood and fatigue were much better by the afternoon. 
It ended up being a great training day after all considering that I did not want to work out at all today. 
I've also come to revelation about lifting.  I used to take a while to even get up to a max or close and today I was forced to move faster because of time constraints. It worked much better for me even though I was really sore.  This is interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment