Thursday, January 26, 2012

120126

BB Gymnastics
20 minutes Snatch technique work.
Notes: Concentrate on bar path today. Make sure the bar just glances or slides off the pelvis as you pull past the pockets. It should not bounce off the pelvis (or thighs) and change the upward arc of the bar. A slight change of vertical trajectory is acceptable and necessary, but a greater deviation will slow bar speed and make the lifter have to jump forward to receive the bar.
Conditioning
10 minute AMRAP of:
30 Double-Unders
15 Power Snatches 75/55#
Notes: Yes, this is 11.1.
Skill
10 minutes Handstand Walk technique work.

BB Gymnastics
Snatch: worked up to 105# easy. Focused on bar path.
Conditioning
 So I told myself after last year that I would never do this workout again. I hated it so bad and layed on the floor for about 15 minutes after I got done. Everything about it, I hated. So I was so excited to see it come up.
I treated it as though it didn’t matter and who gives a crap kind of attitude today.
Turns out that works. haha I got 315 today(7 total rounds) and 24 total reps better than last year, which is still not great but here’s the kicker: I feel like I gave it about 90% of what I had today and after I was done, I felt fine and walked away. Within 5-10 minutes I could have gone again at something else and my heart rate was back down to normal AND I’m not even in peak shape for this year yet. I feel like I haven’t even skimmed the surface of where I will be come regionals. So that is great.
Skill
Handstand walks are easy for me. Is there anything more that people could do if they already have handstand walks like champions? I focused on Ring HSPU which are not hard for me either but still engages my midline more.
MFS – 2, 3, 2 Good day of training and felt good too like I wanted a lot more after it was over. I had to rest Wednesday because my back was in knots for some stupid reason. Felt much better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment