Thursday, January 19, 2012

120118

BB Gymnastics
20 minutes Clean technique work.
Notes: You may work up to a heavy single if there are no technical flaws. Concentrate on maintaining torso position off the ground. The hips should not elevate ahead of the shoulders. Also, make sure you are pulling to a fully open hip and NOT jumping forward. If you are jumping forward or suspect you are, put a chalk mark on the floor to make sure you are fully expressing the articulation of the hip and NOT jumping to the bar.
Conditioning
3 rounds for time of:
5 Wall Walks
7 Muscle Ups
15 Deadlifts @ 275/185#
Notes: The Wall Walk begins lying chest-down on the floor with the bottom of the feet touching the wall. The movement ends when the CHEST (nipples, not belly) touches the wall. There is no standard for how to get down. Muscle-Ups should be performed with a full turnout and extended elbow on each rep.
Strength/Midline
1a) 3X20 Reverse Hyper – medium, rest 60 sec.
1b) 3XME L-Sit Hold – rest 60 sec.




 BB Gymnastics
I worked up to 170 and felt amazing even though I am very sore and my body feels trashed.  I wanted to go higher but I knew I shouldn't PR today. 


Conditioning
11:22 Very upset with this time due to my deadlifts.  The weight felt so heavy today and lately.  I'm just disappointed with my deadlifts in general right now.  They are not where I want them to be.   I know I am getting stronger on this programming and it is definitely working but my deadlifts are frustrating me right now.  I know I will be able to turn it on when I need to but I wish I could do that every day in the gym.  Was very mad after this workout and it left me in tears.  I think my time on a great day would be around 9:00 or better hopefully.  MUs and wall climbs were great as usual.  I need to just stay focused as usual and keep on going.  It will pay off in the long run.


Strength/Midline 
Reverse Hyper done at bodyweight on a GHD machine.
Lsits: 31, 27, 31


MFS- 3, 5, 7 Very happy for a rest day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment