Thursday, February 2, 2012

120202

BB Gymnastics
20 minutes Split Jerk technique work.
Notes: Work on creating space under the bar. Make sure, after elevating the bar off the chest, to actively push down as quickly as possible.  
195 PR!! 200 is easily mine soon I just ran out of time and was only able to try it once.  So pumped thought. That is a 20lb PR. 
Conditioning
For time:
100 Pullups
100 KB Swings 24/16kg (absolutely vertical)
100 Double-Unders
100 OHS 95/65#
Notes: There is a STRICT 20 minute time limit. Do not finish this WOD if you go over 20 minutes.  I got to 62 OHS in 20 minutes.  I finished just under 23:00.  Last year at Regionals, My hands tore 8 times on each hand on the pullups.  I then moved on to the worse experience of my life in the KBs.  I had blood streaming down my arms my hands were so bad.  Anyone that competed in the SE knows what I am talking about.  KB had to be completely vertical and not tipped one way or the other and you had to show control at the top. STUPID.  Anyways, today was much better.  I tried to hold myself to a high standard today on the KBs.  I went at about 85% and paced it well.  Last year, this workout was the worst WOD experience of my life and today was great redemption.  I felt fine right after as well.  Last year after, I was a sad puppy, beaten and bruised.  Good training day. 


Then, I went to gymnastics class at Tuscaloosa Tumbling Tides Gymnastics.  I had so much fun and was throwing my fulls into the pit.  Oh yea. 


MFS - 2,3,4


One more thing...I rocked my Obstetrics test this morning with a 96!! Awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment