Sunday, February 26, 2012

120225

GARAGE GAMES MARCH OF DIMES THROWDOWN TODAY!! 
I woke up even more sore than yesterday from 12.1 OMG wow. The front of my arms aren't sore anymore but my hamstrings are ridiculously tight and my hips are very tight.  I got some good sleep and got to the event probably as late as possible because I wanted to get the most rest possible.  I can tell I have some lactic acid build up and I hope that when I warm up and stretch out it will go away....hopefully.
WOD 1: OPEN WORKOUT 12.1
7 minute AMRAP burpees to 6inch target above highest reach.
121
I really don't know how this was possible.  Lactic acid set in so quick from being so fatigued from doing it on Thursday.  I had an outer-body experience and at rep 40 I told myself there is no way you will beat your score.  I was literally dying.  Somehow I turned off all that was going on in my body and mind and just listened to the crowd yell.  It was crazy.  I could just hear them yelling for me and that carried me to the end. I don't even know what happened.  Very happy with this though. I think I turned it on at the last 1-2 minute mark and just kept repping them out. 
WOD 2: 
3 rounds for time:
15 Ring Pushups to abmat
10 stone to shoulder 116/73
5:03
There was not enough space for me to go with the RX women so I competed with the guys.  I beat every guy in my heat but one and it felt amazing.  Ring Pushups got hard.  First set was unbroken then in sets of 5s, 3s, and 2s by the end.  Stones felt solid.
WOD 3:  For time and set up on 50 yard field
1000m row
at 5 yrd line- 10 Shoulder to Overhead, run to rower at 0 yd line and touch ground
at 15 yd line- 20 Over the box jumps 24", run to rower at 0 yd line  and touch ground
at 30 yd line- 30 KBS full lockout at top (70/53), run to rower at 0 yd line and touch ground 
at 40 yd line- 40 DU, run to rower at 0 yd line and touch ground
at 50 yd line- OH walking lunge back to 0yd line (45/25)
11:04
Went at this at about 85% and had fun with it.  

Overall, I took 1st in every event and 1st place overall.  This day was awesome and a great test of where my training is.  My gym had a great showing and had a lot of first time competitors (Stephanie, Amy, Candace) and a lot of first time RX competitors (Dayna, JB) and everyone did such an amazing job.  Opal was here and competed RX as well as Carla and lots of others from CrossFit Tuscaloosa showed up to cheer us on.  There were a lot of other people at this competition that made it so amazing and cheered me on and helped me through each workout: Justin Key and Jonah Harris.  Thank you is not enough for these two.  They made this day even better for me!! BRAD was there as well.  yay!  Such a wonderful competition and can't wait to do it again. I felt so loved and supported by everyone there and I am so lucky to have such great people in my life and surrounding me to keep me focused and cheer me on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment