Sunday, February 5, 2012

120204

*Today’s work will be laid out as 5 tests. The first 3 should be completed as early as possible. The preference is sometime between 8 and 10am. The final 2 tests may be completed any time later in the day, but—time permitting—should be at least 3 hours after tests 1-3.  So my training buddy, Drew Shamblin, wanted to get as much work done as possible before 11:00am.  Between 9:00 and 12:00 I did all 5 workouts. YIKES!!  I felt pretty great though considering 5 workouts in 3 hours. 
Test 1:
100 Burpees for time. 
5:42 Never went fast, just steady pace.
*Rest 10 minutes.
Test 2:
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Snatch. 
140 ties my PR. 145 was so close. Next time.  Felt the best I have on these in a while. 
*Rest 5 minutes.
Test 3:
8 minute AMRAP of:
4 Muscle-Ups
6 Hang Squat Cleans 185/120#
4 rounds + 4 MU.  I felt super slow on this and I dropped the barbell on my shins at one point because I lost my grip.  I would like to redo this workout again because I just felt slow. Oh well.
*Rest AT LEAST 3 hours. I rested 15 minutes
Test 4:
20′ Pullup Bar “Monkey Bar” Run
20 GHD Situps
20 KBS 32/24KG
30′ Pullup Bar “Monkey Bar” Run
30 Box Jumps 30/24″ (Regionals standard)
30 Push Press 115/75
40′ Pullup Bar “Monkey Bar” Run
40 Double-Unders
40 T2B
For time.
13:30  I did the monkey bar runs on a Rogue pullup rig that was multi height.  This was interesting and awkward for the first time doing it.  Went pretty slow on this.  Never really got my heart rate up too high. Should have gone faster.
Rested about 45 minutes.
Test 5:
3 rounds for time of:
Run 800m
20 HSPU
Notes: HSPU are 45# plates (not comp style, traditional bumpers) with an ab mat in the middle for the gentlemen, and 25# plates with an ab mat for the ladies. Hands must be on the plates and no part of the hand may be hanging off the plate. Both plates must be in contact with the ab mat, but do not have to be in contact with the wall. Kipping IS allowed.
17:29 HSPU were all strict.  I suck at running but felt pretty good on this today. I don't know how I felt good considering I hadn't eaten and all the other work I had previously done.  Drew had left the gym already and so my good friend, Chuck, did this WOD with me. 


MFS - 3,4,6 Still sore from 100s. Great training day though!!


I went to see 'The GREY' and it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Everyone should go see it. 


"Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight i'll ever know.
Live and die on this day. 
Live and die on this day." 

No comments:

Post a Comment