Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First oly meet!

My first oly meet was this past Saturday at CrossFit RPM in Birmingham. I weighed in a 57kg to make the 58kg weight class.  I needed to hit a 129kg total to qualify for the American Open and a 135kg total to qualify for Nationals.

Snatch: 
I have been struggling with this lift lately because I'm trying to fix my technique so I wanted to be very conservative on this. 
I went for 135, 145, 155. Failed on the last attempt. oh well. Just glad I hit 65kg. This put me in an easy position to qualify for the American Open and Nationals.  I was very nervous about this because my snatch has been all over the place lately and I haven't been hitting weights that are usually easy for me. 


Clean and Jerk:
I wanted to open with something easy and then once I hit that and qualify, I can just have fun and put some weight on the bar. 
I went for 185, 200, 211.  failed on the last attempt. It was too big of a jump. Next time I will start higher. 

I have video of all three attempt for each lift but I have not uploaded so I will post soon.  Overall, it was very fun and exciting. I can't wait to do another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment