Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stomach Virus Hell and Open workout 13.2

So I woke up Tuesday, March 12, 2013 with the stomach virus. I literally thought I woke up with rhabdo. I felt so sore and my body ached and I thought to myself that I had just overtrained. Hadn't had a rest day since the previous Monday and I was on my 5th day at the hospital.  I told myself, today is your rest day and your last day at work so you can do it! I knew something was also wrong when I was feeling so nauseous and I didn't want coffee. I always want coffee so that was a huge red flag. I got to work early and prepared for my day and started researching on my patients for the day. I couldn't concentrate. I didn't even want to get up out of the chair. I was trying to drink some ice water, which iI thought would help but I don't even like that either. By 0915 I couldn't hold my head up and I had horrible body aches and nausea. I was fighting back tears and our day was getting busier by the second and I knew my day was about to get worse because we were changing patients. I decided to go to my assistant nurse manager to see what she thought I should do. I immediately started crying and she sent me home of course. She also said the stomach virus was going around and even within our staff. 

So I went home and laid in bed for about 50 hours straight. Only getting up to go to the bathroom. Never got my temperature but I was freezing cold and sweating under the covers.  My fever broke that night but came back the next night. By Thursday I was feeling a little better. I would get up for about 30 minutes and then go back to sleep. I was so nauseated on Thursday and other horrible symptoms started. My stomach would never settle and I was alternating phenergan and limotil, both of which medicines make you feel like crap. By Friday, I was feeling a little better. Was able to go to the gym to play around with the workout, 13.2, and see how I wanted to attack it. I didn't feel good but didn't want to come into the gym Saturday without having played around with it especially feeling sick. Only in the gym for an hour and went straight to sleep. 

Saturday came and I did not feel great but knew I just needed to go do the workout. I was still experiencing symptoms. 13.2 Was awful. That much movement for my stomach was not good. I won't go into details. Let's just say I finished with 319. I was very disappointed with my score but knew it would be enough and I'm not redoing it. 

Sunday, I relaxed and prepped for the week ahead and going back to work. 

This has been one of the worst sicknesses I have ever experienced in my life. I'm still not feeling right and it's Wednesday of the next week, and not back to 100% and feel like it will be a while until I do. Ugh. I don't wish this on anyone. I'm glad I'm on the upside though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment