Saturday, December 8, 2012

My first AMERICAN OPEN (Second oly meet ever)

I landed in California at about noon on Thursday, 11/29/12.  I relaxed and walked to the venue and waited for others to arrive in town.  Palm Springs is so beautiful! Palm trees surrounded by mountains took my breath away.


The Renaissance Hotel of Palm Springs.

Friday, 11/30/12.
I woke up rested and was ready to go. Weigh in was at 12:30.  56.84kg for the 58kg class. :) Time to eat!
Ran into some friends opening a gym in Auburn, AL that is only a few hours from me. ALL in CROSSFIT! Check them out.

Snatch:
65kg, 68kg miss, 68 kg.

Clean and Jerk:
85kg miss for press out in the shoulders?, 85kg, 88kg
Was disappointed with these numbers but it was my fist national meet and was pretty scary up on that stage with blackout in the room and spotlight on you and 7 judges. I placed 5th overall in my weight class. I'm happy with this considering if I would have hit anywhere higher and what I wanted to hit and closer to my maxes, I would have placed 2nd behind someone that has been lifting all their life. :)

Getting ready to warm up. My team that kept me together and had my back all weekend.
My new friend, Becky Conzelman, and I after our weight class lifted.

Great day and can't wait to go back next year and PR my total by at least 20kg. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment