Saturday, December 8, 2012

OUTLAW OPEN

-SATURDAY- 12/1/12

Start time was set for 9am.  I arrived at around 10 because I didn't have to lift due to me completing my lifts in the American Open the day before. 


Workout #1
Olympic Weightlifting Total:
3 attempts to establish a 1RM Snatch
3 attempts to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk
Data points:
1) Total – 50 points
2) Snatch – 50 points
3) Clean & Jerk – 50 points

Watching everyone lift.

Fast forward about 6 hours and we were ready to start.
Thanks to Hi-temp for making this trip possible! Best weights ever!!


Workout #2
Part 1:
Agility test-
5 Over-the-Box Jumps 24″ with alternating Lateral Hurdle Jumps 20″ (between each box)
5-10-15-20m Shuttle Run
5 Over-the-Box Jumps 24″ with alternating Lateral Hurdle Jumps 20″ (between each box)
For time. Tripped twice on the boxes but it's ok. Practiced this a totally different way.
Part 2:
3 minutes Row for Meters  Didn't do great on this but I know I'm not the best rower. 
Notes: There will be a 2 minute cap for the agility test. The Row portion will start immediately at the end of the 2 minute cap.
Data points:
1) Agility Test – 50 points
2) Row for Meters – 50 points

Workout #3  
Part 1a:
Max med ball toss for distance. 3 attempts. Take the top 2.
Part 2: Was so ready to get to this workout! Love that he kept the weight heavy at 170 :)
Men-
12-9-6 of:
Muscle-Ups
Front Squats @ 250#
For time.
Women-
9-7-5 of:
Muscle-Ups
Front Squats @ 170#
For time.  5:21 Just got out there and did my thing and did what I love to do. Heavy and skilled. Couldn't ask for a more perfect workout. Might could have gone faster but wanted to stay steady and consistent. 
*8 minute time cap.
Data points:
1) Total of Part 1a – 50 points
2) MU/FS – 150 points

-SUNDAY- 12/2/12
Workout #4
*This is one continuous effort broken into 15 minute cycles which begin with a 1 mile run for time.
15 minutes to:
Run 1 mile – for time.
With the remainder of the 15 minutes:
Establish a 5RM Deadlift
15 minutes to:
Run 1 mile – for time.
With the remainder of the 15 minutes:
1 attempt – ME UB Set of Pullups
Notes: Athletes will be allowed one “mulligan” of less than 15 reps.
15 minutes to:
Run 1 mile – for time.
With the remainder of the 15 minutes:
Establish a 1RM Bench Press.
Data points:
1) Mile 1 – 50 points slow
2) 5RM Deadlift – 50 Points 275
3) Mile 2 – 50 Points slower
4) ME Pullups – 50 Points 37
5) Mile 3 – 50 Points slowest
6) 1RM Bench Press – 50 Points 160 - jumped to 175 which I can usually hit not problem but it was a no go and no time to switch out the weights.
I was devastated after this workout.  So disappointed. I was just so mad that my legs can't go faster. Also, I have done way more pullups than that. Oh, it was just like a train wreck out there. 
Workout #5
100′ Wheelbarrow Down & Back
40 HSPU
100′ Wheelbarrow Down & Back
30 HSPU
100′ Wheelbarrow Down & Back
20 HSPU
100′ Wheelbarrow Down & Back
For time.
Notes: Wheelbarrow weight is TBD. HSPU are Regionals standard and Kipping is allowed.
Data points:
1) Wheelbarrow/HSPU – 100 points
Wheelbarrow was not fun for me. HSPU were though. 
Workout #6
For time
20 Hang squat snatch 115/75
50 DU
30 Double KB Thruster 53/35
50 DU
40 T2B
50ft Burpee broad jump
40 Front rack Steps ups (trailing foot couldn't touch top of box, must tap the side)
50 DU
30 Double KB Snatch 53/35
20 Bar MU
 – 150 points
Was in 12th and was over it by this point since I knew I couldn't win.  The step ups were horrible and one of the worst things I have ever done.  They destroyed everyone there. I got tripped up on DU on the carpet. That workout was just awful. 

Overall it was a great weekend.  The Outlaw Open ran about an average of 4 hours behind each day give or take. I know Rudy will change that for next year, if there will be a next year.  It was a weird test of fitness. I think these events were not built for the smaller athlete, that is for sure.  I'm still reflecting on it and don't know what else to say about it. I can say that at almost a week later, my midline stabilization is still gone and my body is still messed up. Maybe that is why CJ Martin pulled all is his athletes out.  I did get to meet some great people and will be friends with them for a long time.  Big thanks to my sponsors for the weekend, Hi-Temp and Formulx. And Thank The Lord for great friends in Amy Woods and Jessica Denney. 


No comments:

Post a Comment